Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Words

Reflecting on the words that come out from others' mouths, you can actually know what's on their mind.

Words are not part of the game. We speak because there's a message we wish to convey to the listener. But how we speak, is the issue that is of most concern.

There is a saying 'Your tongue is sharper than the sword'. And I believe that is very true. I always think of how my words would affect others, but more often, I forgot to think how to speak when I speak. And that's where the problem is.

Words cut people.

But words can heal.

For a sick person, to say a few words of encouragement or hope, is comforting. But still, if the intention is not clear, or the true values of those words are not expressed, those words will just remain as.. letters + letters = words alone.

So are your words cutting, or are they healing?

No comments: