Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's been going on...

So much for work! Haha. Well things were supposed to be better but they never turned out okay anyway. And I expected that. BUT things do happen for reasons, and they are good, sometimes.

Mr Leighton's here (the American Degree Program Malaysia Coordinator from Upper Iowa University, USA) for the second visit to our SEGi ADP. Well, I think he will be bringing back some pretty good news about the growth of ADP in Kuching, Sarawak. More students, more smiles, more laughter, and most of all, more experiences among students.

The first time when he came with the Vice President of UIU Dr DeWayne Frazier, man... the class was small, and there wasn't much to really talk about except laugh at Manglish. I personally witnessed the growth in our class. English improving, confidence building up, everything about studies.. you name it, we have it.

I felt myself coming out of the hole too. I felt honored to be on the same plane as others, though there are age and of course experience differences. Some have eaten more salt than I had, but everyone has their own life story and different amount of salt taken during their days.

But in all these 'growing' things, I felt one part of me that had difficulty budding a new flower. I suppose it's the community I was brought up in, that has to take the 'blame'. But I'm trying to bud. And I'm trying hard. I just need time, I hope. And some water and sunshine. Not more soil, not more fertilizer.

Well, the flower's blooming! Soon. Haha. Till then, what's been going on with you? :)


Word of the Day:
"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did."

When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

No comments: