Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday

Last Sunday was St Joseph's Parish Sale 2009. Held yearly, this year I took the challenge to set up 4 stalls. Something out of the extraordinary for a 'non-organizational' body. But everything went well.. well, not everything.

Preparation was fine until on Sat where I had to view my stalls location and finalize equipments. The gas tank issue was ...disappointing.

The socket problem was ...so late minute.

And on the sale day itself:
Not strategic location. I had the corner and yet there were 4 empty stalls in the middle I presume the owners forgot Sunday's the sale.

Recession = less money out, less money in.

Not very happy 'workers'.

Accidents and broken items.

Criticism. Unwillingness to help.


And I broke down in front of dad. Couldn't stand facing all those "bad" things alone. Felt so stupid. Felt so alone.

Dad was comforting. 5 minutes was enough to release the stress I had. It's been a while... But this experience certainly taught me many things about life and people.


But look on the bright side!

All items finished. Well, not finish also was given to those who've helped tirelessly. Sales was great. Will never trade this priceless experience despite the downfall it had.

What's life without challenges, dark pits and invisible ladders?

So much for a Sunday morning. Still recovering sleep and energy. Thank you all who helped, and all who came. We had fun, didn't we? Haha.

Cheers. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeap. We sure did have fun!!

=)

God Bless!!