Sunday, April 12, 2009

So much for Holy Week

Today marks the end of Holy Week. It's Easter Sunday and Jesus Christ is risen today! The Holy Week started last Sunday, where it was Palm Sunday - a time we welcome Jesus into the city to be crucified.

Monday was a 2 classes in a row - morning and afternoon for the same subject. In the afternoon, Mr Leighton came and class had to be delayed and movie cut short. Then evening went for English class and things went quite well except that I was being fed to the mosquitoes at the lecturer's place.

Tuesday, morning was at one secondary school to promote the ADP and afternoon was spent in the office waiting and waiting for articles to be translated. But time wasn't wasted, I managed to get some English done. In fact, I skipped dinner just to wait for the email to come so that layout could be done for the press.. and once it came and was done, rushed to college for the evening ADP preview. About 15 came to listen, one of who will be joining the new intake in May!

Wednesday, morning at my old school. Hmm...overall things were okay. Afternoon was spent in college for class, where we switched class because of some funny pizza smell..and the class actually started 45 minutes late. Hmm.. yet finished on time, since it was the last lecture class. After class, went with the rest and Mr Leighton for 'tea'. A really funny moment and destressing for a friend of mine, poor thing - was teased non-stop. Night was spent at lecturer's place for English again, but everyone left early after a whole day outside - tired - and couldn't concentrate on listening.

Thursday, Holy Thurday I call it. Full day classes at King's Centre. Had a great time with skeletons? Haha. I mean, the rest of them. Evening went for mass on the Last Supper. Got home and rested. It was late.

Friday, Good Friday. Also public holiday. I planned to do so many things for this day. BUT once I switched on my laptop.. the next moment it couldn't load the menu bar and icons. There was nothing else on the screen except my desktop picture. And it stayed that way for 5 minutes which caused some..curiosity. Thought it would be some loading problem, so switched it off and on again, and this time it took 10 minutes yet same result. Got very curious then, and asked dad. Nothing much could be done except waited for it to finish loading (perhaps in half an hour? dad said so). But it remained that way and I felt that something must be terribly wrong. That night after Good Friday service, sent the laptop to check..and guy said windows problem..and .. many more details of which I would prefer not to list. My heart broke. So much for Jesus' death. Sacrifice.

Saturday, Easter Vigil! The time where two candidates of mine would be baptised. The whole experience was amazing.. I will write about it more in another post. Morning, though was spent at 10th mile on the IYCS discussions..and received SO MANY annoying phone calls. Well, I'll write about them another day too, if I ever feel like writing. :)

And today, Sunday. I don't know how I feel. My mind was whole time on my laptop. The documents. The files. The important notes. The half-finished works.. The effort put in to have those files.. One friend told me, "Your laptop died on Good Friday, pray that it will resurrect just as Jesus did on Sunday." I was..hoping. But no phone calls from the guy..means no resurrection. *sob*

Until then, I just hope for the best. Whatever the result will be, whether or not my documents can be retrieved, there's a good reason for it. Losing it means I'll gain something better in future.

To all who celebrate Easter, or not,

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: