Monday, April 6, 2009

Skidded

This happened quite a few days ago. Had not the guts to say it out then but today seems 'okay' to say..so here it goes.

The rain stopped. The roads were slippery. Rushed for green light at traffic. Then suddenly turned yellow so I have this tendency to slow down at yellow. Unfortunately I was just picking up speed then hesitated, then.. finally decided to stop. And hit the emergency brakes.

No cars beside me, just far behind. And the car turned 45 degrees left, and 90 degrees right after I counter-turned the wheel, and back 45 degrees to be straight again. And I stopped right on time before the line.

It wasn't fun.

I didn't know what happened until my friend in the car said, "You know what happened just now?"

"I think I do," I said.

"Your car just skidded."

"Owh..." After a while, "I did?"

Apparently I wasn't aware of anything. I just ..didn't know. After 5 minutes then it came to me that the car skidded and I could have gotten both of us crashed. (Is it just me..that I'm rather slow in such things?)

Thank God no cars around, and thank God I was calm? If I had panicked, ..you tell me what could have happened.

I won't be here to write this even.

So..don't rush for traffic lights when it's after a rainy pour. I was fortunate this time, but might not be so next time. Play safe.

No comments: