Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Diary?

I was talking to this friend of mine. We talked and talked and practically can talk from pure seriousness to kek-si-lang lameness. Then there's this time when he said I have so many ideas and thoughts and that I should consider writing a diary to keep my thoughts so as not to forget them. (Deteriorating memory)

Then I thought, when I was young, I have had written diaries. Piling up in my drawer. But somehow all were left aside soon after work started piling up instead. And there they were, up to today.

What's a diary for anyway? Except for a stapled pile of (coloured flowery) papers, and hard glittery covers.. Well, mine are mostly of those kinds since friends gave them to me as birthday presents. I have so many diaries, I've written in almost half of them - but why?

I always thought diaries are meant to be written with happy thoughts, sad feelings, angry moments, despair, anything. But when I flipped back my past diaries, I realised.. I'm growing. I'm no more that 7-year-old kid in primary school who used to get picked at by bigger ones. I'm no more that 12-year-old kid who can't play the piano. (Though I still can't, haha!) And I'm no more that sweet 16 person who had the most salt in her life that year. Hmm...

Writing into a diary certainly makes you reflect on your past. But it does not serve the purpose to remind you to do the same mistakes you've made before. It tells you to do better that how you've done, so life can be happier and more meaningful.

I suppose now I won't go back to writing using ink on my stack of papers, instead it will be virtual writings whenever I feel like it.

So friend, no matter how stupid or silly, I'm still going to filter my stories! Haha!

1 comment: