Monday, November 10, 2008

Waiting

Have you ever waited for something or someone..and the wait sometimes seems rather...long? Or at times we wait and wait.. and the thing or person we waited for never came?

Waiting is actually something good if you look at it positively. It trains you to be more patient - something the world lacks today. But waiting can be very annoying when the thing or person you're waiting for never arrives.

Think of the last time you waited (for something or someone) for soooo long, and in the end, nothing turned out. There was annoyance and anger I presume. But now shift yourself into another situation where you are the one making others wait for you. Have you ever done that??

Everybody does. Even I myself. I dare to admit it because I want to take a step to change for the better, in other words; to not make others wait. To be Punctual. Ready. On the Go. I regret the many times I made my parents wait for me. I regret the times when friends waited and waited yet I gave no response.. Now I know how they felt when I made them wait - because I have had the same 'waiting frustrations'!

So the next time you make plans with anyone, please do not keep them waiting. I am sure you won't want to wait, if you were to be in their shoes. 5, 10 minutes - still okay. But 30 minutes, think twice before going out with that person. (No kidding, unless there's a reason for keeping you waiting)

Do practice punctuality, the world does not wait for you. =)


-little cup-

3 comments:

xxx said...

i always come earlier before the time...

btw, i'm waiting for a person (it;s better a woman) who can be at my side, loyal to me... faham2lah...

but, then, i think i will be feel more stressful when waiting for it...

Unknown said...

Hey ya,
Had this saying in Mandarin which my friends and I used quite frequently when we spent too long a time waiting for public transport:
'sheng huo shi wei le deng dai', translation in English: Life is meant for waiting.
Ha ha.
Truth be told, I don't like latecomers. In any case. :P

half empty cup said...

lukhman, the time will come when you wait for 'that'. =)

doria, haha nice saying. true enough we live this life while waiting to leave. =D