Thursday, November 20, 2008

Leaving and Living

When someone leaves for good, we bid farewell. When someone leaves for life, we can't bid farewell anymore, instead we say 'goodbye'.

Losing someone dear to us is not an easy thing to cope with. When I lost my loved ones a few years back, I couldn't understand why they had to leave, and why couldn't they just continue living with me. I questioned - but found no answer. Life and death are determined by the Creator, we have no right to say how long more we will live.

It is a hard fact to accept when you are told of the news of the loss of a friend, or any blood-related family members. It feels as if yesterday you just talked to the person, and the next day.. he/she is gone.

Somehow, life on earth is just once. We live until we have 'completed our mission', and then we will leave. Sometimes the person who left before us might have completed his/her tasks. In other words, he/she was meant to teach us a lesson to appreciate others dear to us before they really leave one day. That is the mission.

Death does not wait for anyone. It comes, and once it arrives, you cannot hold back. Start appreciating those around you before they leave, and on your part, continue to live your live once they have left. You still have a mission to complete.


-little cup-

3 comments:

xxx said...

For me, death is (sometimes) a truth that cannot be accepted. I already lose two important people because of death. I don't want to lose anymore (although I know it will happen, sooner or later).

Unknown said...

Experiencing death is still a new thing for me. Despite the fact that I've been to a lot of funeral for the past few years.

I'm not looking for one but i know by faith, God will be there to comfort and to strengthen us.

half empty cup said...

we cannot control the day we die, we can just we live life as God wants us to, and carry on when others have gone earlier.