Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Third Party

Just the other day, a friend of mine complained she couldn't see me online in the chatroom. I found it rather weird because I could see her everytime she comes online or leaves. She has been very frustrated since everytime she wanted to chat with me, she couldn't determine clearly if I was online or not. So a few days back, we sat down together and checked each other's account to settle the problem.

After a few blockings and unblockings, adding as new contacts over and over again, we still could not settle the problem..until another friend came into the picture and since she could see the both of us, she pulled us into a same conversation together. That was the first time my friend saw me online and she laughed in joy, and couldn't stop hugging me for she could finally see me. I on the other hand, was more than delighted to have her in my circle of conversations.

This incident made me think - sometimes in a miscommunication, there is a problem that neither party could see, so there is a need to have a third party to come into the circle and see (for them) that things are back in their own places. In this case, my other friend who pulled both of us into the same chat room was the third party.

Although many times most cases solve better if the afftected parties work out the problems themselves, most cases need a 'third person' who can be relied on, to sort things out.


-little cup-

3 comments:

xxx said...

Yeah, the third party must be honest and can be trusted... if not, jahanamla...

Unknown said...

A third party must be trustworthy, wise and able to keep secret.

Honestly, these kind of people are difficult to find.

half empty cup said...

they are not that difficult to find actually.. just look around, most of the time we take them for granted. but they wil still be standing loyally helping us get through tough times.