Sunday, November 16, 2008

Knowing Someone Truly Cares

Have you ever felt the sweeping tides brushing your feet and seems to drag you into the sea? Or have you ever noticed the hard rain falling on your head leaving deep marks as on the moon?

I felt that. I felt the rain falling hard and the waves pulling me into the sea. I stood hard on my ground, but I lost my balance and fell.

There was no one around when I fell. I tried to stand up again, but my legs were just too weak to stand on their own; there I fell back on the shore where the waves continued sweeping and the rain falling.

I called for help, but no one walked by. I scanned for any shadow from every corner of the beach..and I found one. I called out, but pride came over and I retreated from the call. The shadow's owner came and held out a hand, but ego refused to reach out to it. Finally desperation grabbed the hand and I stood up again.

Sometimes certain things rub against our shoulders and conflict happens. At other times, our emotions fail ourselves, causing great disappointments and crushed feelings. But above all, if we dare to put aside our pride and call out for help, someone will answer you. Someone will reach out a hand to lift you up from the pit. Someone will care.

To EF: Thank you for caring. =)


-little cup-

No comments: