Monday, November 17, 2008

Laughter

Heard of this before? "Laughter is the best medicine." How true is it?

Here's one story to share on the benefits of laughter:

I used to be very low and down. I was always unhappy. Because of my negative thinking about life, I got sick often. I never liked to smile, what more to say laugh. No one could entertain me, not even my close friends. They gave up on me in the end because I just would not 'lift up' my heart. I was abandoned.

One day came this friend, S, who noticed the unwillingness to smile in me. S tried to peep through the window of my heart to see what the matter was that prevented me from smiling. S even went to the extend of breaking the window glass and dug out all my past. That period of time was suffering.

S shared with me the goodness of life, how life is so beautiful and interesting to live in. At first I refused to accept what was being said, but slowly I learnt the benefits of happiness. How nice it is to be free, to be uplifted and encouraged through laughter. S made me smile. S successfully 'cured' me with an injection of laughter.

I am really thankful to S for bringing joy in my life. Now I know laughter is the best medicine. I hardly get sick now, and life is more cheerful to look forward to. I laugh so often now that sometimes those around me get influenced to laugh with me (and at me). It's not that hard to laugh, just a thought of hilarious memory can stir the laughing gas.


So start laughing guys, it cures. =)

~L.L.~

I agree that laughter is the best medicine. Life is funny if you know how people live it. Get your nerves tickled and start laughing!


-little cup-

No comments: