Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rest

It has been a while since I last rested. Yesterday was like Sabbath for me. Well not totally, but half day is still considered rest.

A complete afternoon nap, treating yourself with the best delicacies you can find at home and switching on the television to your favourite channel. Letting go of oneself onto the couch in front of the entertainment and whola - rest. I pampered myself after all the tiredness. Haha.

How many times do we remember to treat ourselves to the best of things we have? Most of the time, we work and work and forgot that our body needs rest too from all the working. And many times from there, health issues come in and force us to rest whether we like it or not. That's the end result.

Lately we've been slaves to the world's expectations. I didn't realise it often, and by the time I do, it's almost too late. Yet I managed to make up for it before it is really too late.

So when was the last time you enjoyed your cone of vanilla ice-cream? Or a trip to the countryside, or a walk on the beach to just listen to the waves?

Have one, while life is still great.

No comments: