Friday, May 15, 2009

Carefree

I was driving home one fine morning, and just before I reached home, I looked into my old primary school just few blocks away. It was the usual break time and kids were running around chasing each other... some were crowding at one corner eating happily.. oh the old days.

So carefree.

When I was young it seems that not knowing anything is the best thing in life. I only remembered that as the youngest in class I used to be the victim of bullies. With a petite size and small guts, everyone took advantage of me. Until one day I got hurt really badly that grandma came and stood up for me - and ever since then the bully and I became great friends.

And then there were the times when we played simple board games and never seemed to get bored of them.. unlike today computer took over as the main source of entertainment. Also not forgetting, the usual 'Zero Point' and 'hopskotch'. Those were the days we really had the best time not worrying about anything, not even studies; only until Pri 6 then total focus was implied.

But now...it's so different.

I heard the kids sang the patriotic song after break time finished, and it sounded so melodious. So innocent. So free.

When can we become carefree again, now that we are older? When shall we let go of our pride and just be ourselves and care less about the things in the world and in our lives? When will it be, for freedom to flow freely in us, before the final day comes..

No comments: