Monday, October 13, 2008

Stop Running

I had a dream about being chased by a tornado. I ran and ran..but I couldn't get away from it. It seemed to know every path I ran through and every person I met on the way. It was trailing me like my own little shadow.

When I finally dropped down on the ground tired from all the running, I turned my back to look at the tornado. It wasn't that scary as I thought it was. It wasn't that big as I thought it would be. It was just a tornado, a baby tornado.


When I reflected on it, I saw all the problems I have been facing. All those rubbish which I thought was like dung heaps, but NO! Those rubbish are just in ONE bag, and the rest of the heap was its shadow! How silly of me!

Have you ever had similar experience? Thinking "Ohh...so many problems.." when the problem is only ONE - yourself! Many times we blame the problems, but like the tornado, we may think it is big, destructing, but actually it is just a small one, not destructing at ALL..it is just a gust of strong wind..

So I suggest to you: don't run away from your problems anymore. They are not as big as you think they are. Turn around and face them. After all, there will be a time when you get tired from all the running and drop down and finally take a look at your problems..


Remember that the problems are not chasing after you; you are running away from them.

-little cup-

4 comments:

xxx said...

Yes, I admit that. Most of us running away from the problems, which is make the situation worse.

half empty cup said...

that is where we need guidance to stop running and face the problems. this is the only way to solve the problem of running away.

Anonymous said...

Another article wonderfully done. Good job.

-Lil one-

*hoping for more.

half empty cup said...

Thanks lil one,

I hope more will come up soon too.