Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Things

Recently I started my new semester in college, taking up 3 subjects. 2 out of them are new subjects, whereas the other one was exposed in high school before. I always think that new subjects means new lecturers. However, this thought of mine was crushed today as I found out my 2 new subjects are taught by my 2 not-so-new lecturers.

Facing the previous lecturers means facing the past. Why do I say so? The past here refers to the previous semester where we had these same lecturers in class - with all the 'happy' moments we had together as student-lecturer. And I dare say no one likes going back to the past, especially when it is not so memorable.

To cut the long story short of the past I had, I admit I don't really look forward to this semester's classes..perhaps due to the lecturers. But an additional thought came and said "Hey, they're humans too.. and it's not so bad.. Think on the really happy moments you had during their classes; it was fun, wasn't it?"

Well, there have been stomach-pain laughing moments and very pressuring assignment moments; but aren't all those part and parcel of life? As I write this, I not only educate myself to face the past - with hope that it will be different this time - yet I urge myself to strive to prove the best of myself for this new subject. Easier said than done, but..we'll see how things go. Perhaps different subjects have different styles of teaching. You'll never know what's new about the new subject, and the lecturer.


-little cup-

2 comments:

comingsoon said...

nvm lah.. we still have many subject to go... sure we will meet many new teacher...

half empty cup said...

soon: ya true. it's just this phase where one needs to "let out" haha, thanks for your comment.