Friday, October 17, 2008

Name

Everyone has a name. It can be Chris, Sylvia.. as long as it's a "thing" your parents first called you with, that's your name.

Name is something very interesting. Many might have similar names, but there's is never a similarity in their characteristics. In my previous high school, we had 4 person with the name 'Michelle' and 3 with 'Stephanie', but none of them are duplicates of each other. I am sure in your school, you have come across those with same names, or you might be one of them too.

Sometimes I wonder, why are people afraid to tell others their names. Take for example, a name tag. Some would go to the extend of 'vandalising' the name on the name tag till it cannot be seen. Others might just hide the name tag (somehow) to "prevent further humiliation". It doesn't make sense, does it?

Our parents gave us nice, beautiful names. It can be as simple as 'Mary' or 'John', and you may say "Boring..." but hey, that's a name too! A name does not need to be high and mighty, or so extraordinary that nobody has it in the world except you. No, a name is a name. It carries your identity. It tells the world who you are, and how unique your life is.

So tell the world your name. It's not something shameful! That's your name, and no one else who can be the same 'you'. You're unique for who you are, not by your name alone.


-little cup-

5 comments:

Adel said...

I love my name! =D

I guess some may just want to keep a low profile of themselves. Other than that, I'm not sure. Thanks for share this nice post! =)

xxx said...

I never embarrassed with my names, because my name is stated in Quran. Indeed, I add another beautiful names and nisba in my names to make it as my pen name. And the result is, Abdul Hakim Lukhman Al-Yusufi.

We should not be embarrassed with our own names, since it's our identity.

xxx said...

By the way, if you want to know, Abdul Hakim Lukhman Al-Yusufi in Arabic means The slave of The All-Wise, Lukhman, the Josephian.

half empty cup said...

adel: yes we shud all love our names. =) thank you for loving yours!

lukhman: it's very bold to say "i'm proud of my name" or "im not embarassed with my name" (no matter how simple or boring some people might term it to be) it's good to love your name. =)

Unknown said...

A classmate shares the same name as mine.

Love mine too.

-lil one-