Monday, October 20, 2008

Hot Weather

The weather is getting warmer and warmer each day lately in Malaysia, don't you think? Well for Asean country, this is very normal. The weather is either hot (very very hot that ice-cream melts in 5 minutes) or cold (cold but still can sweat at the same time). So in this hot weather, what is there to think about?


My brain is sweating so much that apparently nothing comes to my mind to write about. However, as I switched on the fan (instead of the air-conditioner), and fixed myself on this comfy 'hot' chair of mine, I realised we should be thankful for such a weather! "Be thankful for such...'burning' weather? You must be kidding me..." you might object, but why do I say so?

At some cold countries, they have never experienced this kind of hot weather where you just sit still under the fan and sweat at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong). We Malaysians on the other hand depend so much on air-con that we complain at the slightest hot air we feel, am I right?


Think about the time of our grandparents. They never knew what air-con was. They hardly felt the existance of fan. All they had was warm air on hot weather, cool air on cold weather. And have they ever complained? They lived with atap roofing and wooden floors, and was there any complications when it comes to weather change? Of course there was...but to them, "No big deal!" Don't believe me? Ask your grandparents (if they're still here), or any old aged people, and hear for yourself. You might get this in the end, "You people nowadays are soooo pampered." Don't blame me if you get that.

So friends, be thankful that you have sunshine and rain. Despite the many 'problems' we face due to the weather, at least we can tell others that, "Hey, I love the sun. It dries my clothes!" or "I love the rain, it cools the earth."


At the end of the day, we still live well enough for the next day...=)


-little cup-

4 comments:

xxx said...

But you forget something. In old days, there's no global warming, so the temperature is quite suitable for them. But now global warming makes the temperature increases rapidly.

Unknown said...

I guess I'm one of those spoilt younger generation. Or is it my body that isn't accustomed to heat.

Honestly, I'd prefer a cooler and milder climate. Thankful for the sunshine that makes a trip to the beach rewarding yes, but to live in the Barcelona(Mediterranean climate) type of climate remains a fairy tale dream for me.

half empty cup said...

lukhman: global warming is there since the beginning of time when man destroyed the green for extra cash..it's just in the olden days, it wasn't so much about money yet as with now.

kelvin: different people like different weather. but no matter which we like most, we must be grateful for the things we have.=)

Unknown said...

Lukhman: Hmmm, not so sure if the temperature 40 years ago is cooler than it is now or just a hypothesis.

For sure, what my grandparents and parents told me is the temperature is more or less the same. Only that it is cooler in the morning and evening since they live in countryside area.