Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Beginning

I entered this world with an empty cup. Everyone does. We were all so innocent as little children, until we reach a state when we can think for ourselves and know this thing called life that everyone is going through.

My cup has been filling up since the minute I stepped into this world. The first thing that was poured into my cup was hot water - my mother's love when she held me in her arms for the first time. The sugar was then added into the cup - my father's warm embrace. That sugar water remained in my cup for a very long time, and though many times I feel as if the cup is being drained of its content, that layer of sugar is still there - untouched. This cup of mine has never been washed clean.

As I move on in this journey called life, there are many happenings that caused my cup to overturn and pour out its content. Despite all that, there are still happenings where this cup is put back into its original position and tastier drinks are poured into it.



My cup is here; 1st row, 2nd left. What about yours?

This is just the beginning, the end is still a long way to go.


-little cup-

2 comments:

~Khuanoz~ said...

welcome to blogging! wow..how'd you get so many cups..no offense but it looked a bit like the ones i used to wash in kenny rogers..=P

i saw your calculator..lol im sure you know what im talking about..anyways see you around

god bless you

sern khuan

half empty cup said...

hey, how to link to u?
LOL on the cups. one of them is yours!