Sunday, October 26, 2008

House Warming

I went for a house warming party this afternoon. The party was for 'selected' people only and i was one of the 'selected' ones. As I thought about the party and how it got its name "house warming", a small thought crept up behind my head.

House warming is something to celebrate about because the owner of the house has got a new house! Everbody knows a house is a necessity in our lives on earth. Without a roof over our heads, where are we to spend the night?

Then I looked back and thought - what about those without roofs over their heads? How do they live their lives..without any means of shelter?

I am so lucky.. I thought. I have a house to live in and sometimes I complain this is not good, that is not good..or my room is too small, or the livingroom is so hot.. All these complaints are unnecessary. Why can't we be grateful that we have houses to live in, no matter how big or small they are, and not complain? Some people don't even have a place to shed during heavy rainstorm..and here we are, living luxuriously with air-conditioners and sofas, computers and televisions..

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have all these good stuff; by all means if we can afford, go ahead and enjoy life at home. But just a little note to keep in mind: appreciate your house as it is. Complain no more.. You have a little bit more than others do.


-little cup-

No comments: