Thursday, October 1, 2009

Squeeze Me

When I used to say "excuse me" to get through a crowd or just to be polite when walking pass in front of someone, my friend would tease me by saying "squeeze me, squeeze me" and thereafter I would be given a great big squeeze. Sounds so innocent, ain't it?

"Excuse me". What an important word. Without this said gently, there will never be a sense of politeness. But that's not just it. What if you turn down your tone a little when saying it; it will sound as if you are clarifying an issue. And if you increase your pitching a bit higher, it will sound as if you are defending yourself against an issue - feeling upset over a remark or statement.

Lately do you notice there are less "excuse me's" being said. And even if there are some, most are said harshly, in a hurry, or just with the I-don't-want-to-say-it tone. Can't imagine how it would be if this 'squeeze me' word extincts..

Will you let it slip away just like that? Let's preserve it; for we humans always prefer a polite "Excuse me" when someone walks in front of you while you were talking, and not just 'fly pass' without saying a word. Do unto others what you want others to do unto you, aye?

No comments: