Monday, October 19, 2009

Demand demanded demanded-ed?

The week passed by with this very special word: Demand. Oh how microeconomics drilled into us the very basic terms supply and demand. Not to forget monopoly and oligopoly. :) Man I thought those were games at first. Remember this guy?

Oh I miss those days.

The week went well pretty much I suppose. I was nowhere else but in office, at home and in college. And of course, on the roads of Kuching. There were good news, and so also were there not-so-good news. But it's fine. Balance, as a friend termed it.

As I reflected on my previous week, I realise we seem to live in demand of others. Why so, you may ask. Take for example, a father wants his son to be involved with his surroundings. From there freedom is given to the son to go out with friends, have fun, make mistakes and come back for money to pay up the mistakes etc.. What I meant by the son living in demand of the father is that he is to get himself out of the house and mix around. That's equilibrium supply he's giving to his dad. But once the son mixes with the wrong type of friends where gambling, drinking and smoking are priorities, he's giving his dad a great leap in surplus. Hence we hear of the usual 'You're grounded' from the father to lower the ceiling price and get down back in the "safe-equal" zone.

I suppose that teaches us to weigh ourselves; are we living to a person's demand or are we just trying to be ourselves. It's complicated when you think of it from the surface, but take time to wonder how it is to live within demand of oneself. That's freedom of life.

Everyone has the right to live, for that is why we were born into this world.

No comments: