Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Facing It

Lately I have to admit...in Malaysian terms..A lot of people die lar...

*bows head*
Sigh.

Two days ago my grandaunty passed away. She was 78 years old, second in a siblinghood of 8 with my grandma as the first. At first it didn't really sink in, as grandma actually called the office for my dad? Sounds fishy when you hear a phone call from home. My first assumption was that the house got broken into, or she got cheated by some cheeky salesperson, or that something went wrong with some part of the house and needed help. At least it didn't occur to me that she had gotten hurt, else she wouldn't have called.

But it was just a call to inform that her sister passed on and she had to visit her and that someone's there to pick her up. I breathed in relief she was okay. Could not imagine how I would react if something were to happen to her.

So yea, one more left this world. She was sick for some time, and had tiny glitches in the family with my grandma too but all those belong to the past. It won't do grandma any good to hold on to those anger and unhealthy feelings. After all, what can you do to a person who is already dead except forgive and pray for eternal happiness when one's own time comes?

Grandma seemed fine as I talked to her about the past. She was in tears no doubt, being the oldest and seeing a younger sister leave first.. (In her view, the older ones should be the ones to leave first, but 3 younger siblings left already before her.) But she's taking it positive I suppose. One thing I know she's waiting for her turn.. And well I'm not quite ready for that.

But all the same, we have to face death one day. And before that day, we should live life with happiness and peace - no feelings of revenge and regret for they only cause more harm than good. Easier said than done, but one key to success: develop virtues of love, patience and endurance. Optimism. :)

I've had my times of fighting between good and bad of myself. Perhaps one day I'll share. Till then, (smile) love, be patient and endure all words. :)

1 comment:

Evelyncyl said...

My sincere condolence to you and your family, Claw~ I'm sure your grandaunt is at a better place now. :)