Monday, March 9, 2009

Unending Blessings

After a long week (more like long weeks) of pressure here and there, things showed a bit more improvement this last weekend.

It was the KYCS Kopi AM. I didn't know how I came up with the 'name' but it sounded nice now that everyone's used to it. Preparations were done since weeks ago, and not everything was moving smoothly.

On Sat itself I was rather in a hustle-bustle situation with a lot of things to do at the same time and at different places. The papers came, and lots of packing had to be done. The computer went missing which terrified me for a while until I called and found out it was taken for some other use...without my knowledge. The morning was spent on packing.

Afternoon was on 'shopping' for the Sun Kopi AM. Went with another friend to print brochures, had a lot of bargaining, (which succeeded!) and hunted for some particular stuff which we found in the end, gladly. Was supposed to be home at 330pm, but failed to do so. Hence went straight for meeting at 4pm and later on drove people here and there. Mass at 6pm, then cousin was lost...ah just so many things to do, while in a state where I could not do it.

The evening was spent at the Gallery, where the sale was to be held. Table plan was set, works assigned and drove off to send friend home, then caught in a jam, and bought more things.. Got back to the gallery to find one problem of not having enough tables. Finally solved it with more borrowing..and decorations started. All of us there had no dinner and worked from 7pm till 1030pm getting everything ready.

I got home after 11, prepared checklist and everything else, then bathed and slept after midnight.

The next morning dad called me up. I was too tired that I forgot to set the alarm the night before...arrived a little before 6. Members were there starting to cook already. Early.
Overall, I drove around Kuching that morning hunting for backup stuff, and taking food items = 10 times to and fro. Everything went well. There were enough food, just less people came maybe due to the heavy drizzle. But all in all, it was a blessing. I could not have done it without continuous support from everyone. There was no stall suffering loss, everyone earned.

I am indeed so happy to see everyone working together to make this simple project happen. Now I have more confidence to do other projects, for I know I will have people working them out. Above all, praise God for everything, and everyone. May this be the stepping stone to raise more funds for the upcoming IYCS ASC. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise the lord everything went well.

We're still far from achieving what we need bu I believe God will provide.

=)