Friday, March 6, 2009

Learning to swim

I don't know how to swim. I'm learning how to swim. On my own.

When I brought myself to see the coach, he was kind enough to offer another coach to me, one of similar gender, and is not too new for coaching too. This new coach.. taught me how to swim. Yes she did, like this:

Me: Hey coach, how do you make yourself float longer?
Coach (C): Well, you must know how to breathe, of course. Get your lungs working. You should know that breathing is the most important thing to do right?
Me: ... (no) ..So okay, I need to breathe.. Now how do I keep a steady speed?
C: Get all your muscles working lah! You don't know every part of your body needs to work together is it? Tell them what to do. You are the mind. You have the authority.
Me: ..(you're not helping me...) well okay. Thanks.

I can't swim, even after those lessons. The first coach I went to, came back to me and asked my progress. I just told him I'm learning on my own.

But I almost drowned every time. So I'm now learning it the hard way; to learn to swim, is to either get yourself drowned, or start flapping your hands and feet.

And I still drown, many times.

No comments: