Sunday, March 15, 2009

Animators Formation

I was away for the weekend for this YCS Animators/Facilitators Training at St Lukas 10th mile. This training only started on Fri evening and ended on Sunday afternoon. Now I just got back after being the first person to reach there on Fri, and 2nd last person to leave home. Haha. Half participant half organiser.

This training was conducted by Bro John D Cruz, an Indian religious man from Penang. He's really good, I tell you. He catches every second of your time and does not leave you alone even to look at your friend next to you.

Training was conducted for about 50 of us via small group discussions of mixed-age. He made sure we never stuck ourselves to the friends we know only, instead he jumbles us up every 10 minutes, or at every new question asked which requires group sharing or discussion. This was for living skills.

I myself learnt more about the life skills, and how to remember to apply it in everything I do and not just during his sessions. it was a flexible traning with lots of laughter, and I tell you.. you just can't stop laughing. Only when you run out of breath, you try to stop..but it comes back the next moment you catch your breath. So you can imagine the laughing gas he let out on us.

Based on the YCS methodology SEE-JUDGE-ACT, many issues affecting the young people nowadays were discussed in own circle of friends of which we belong to. This was done to ease the ACT part where actions will be taken in future. Indeed the world is changing, and there are so many new things affecting the future; but I'm afraid if there will be a future..

Bro John is a good speaker. Gifted in evangelising to the young, and not so young ones as well. The total 15 hours we had together, was an unforgettable one. And for me, this training has been one of the best I ever had. I've benefited from it, and I'm very sure everyone else had.

Let the actions speak for themselves.

No comments: