Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ring Ring!

This morning, EARLY in the morning my mobile phone rang. Since I have the tendency to leave it on at night, in case of emergency etc, this time the phone was right NEXT to my ear! And it rang SO loud that I woke up IMMEDIATELY!

Lesson: Do not leave your phone un-silent-ed at night, next to your ear!

So this caller, some unknown number.. was asking for Amy or something like that. It's a male voice. 2.55am.

Guy: Hello Amy (Aimi or something similar) ?

Me: Hah.. who Amy?

Guy: Amy Amy.. you Amy?

Me: Me (drowsy) ..no Amy here. Sorry wrong number..

Guy: Who are you?

Me: I'm.. (pause - suddenly conscious he's asking for my personal details) Who ARE you?

Guy: Amy Amy.. (repeated this name, ignored my question)

Me: Sorry no Amy, wrong number. Bye. *ends call.*


Immediately after that, I was aware that the caller might be playing a prank on me or trying to get information out of me from that sub-conscious mind of mine, or just trying to be funny whatsoever. I switched the phone to silent mode and tried to get back to sleep but the phone rang the second time and vibrated loudly so I took the phone and ended it without answering. The next moment before I knew it, I switched it off - for good.

When I woke up for the day, I switched it on and found a message coming in with 7 missed calls from that unknown number, which made me a little paranoid on what the caller would do etc.. I tried to ignore the incident but it kept striking me from behind my head..until lunch when it rang with similar number, and I answered him in BM that there's no Amy and he's calling the wrong number.. And he actually understood. He knew BM better than English, so maybe that explains his desperation to get to me that early morning. (with language miscommunications!)

Until now I have not heard of him..which is GOOD. I shall keep my phone on vibration mode at night starting from now onwards, in order to save myself from unwanted sound waves at 3am in the morning. That might just cause me ear damage.. hmm. Be careful.


-little cup-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh... a stalker...

Well, I always set my phone to the loudest volume at the night so that i can wake up early... sometimes my alarm will rang at afternoon...

but, that's a good experience, and you did well, you nearly trapped but it doesn't work as you realize it...

'Tabik spring' to you ... :D