Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Until today..

CNY was rather short, and quiet this year. Old friends were here but things have changed quite a lot. We don't hang out as often anymore.. Also, this CNY for me was just..3 days. Due to commitment to get the papers printed on time for distribution. However the break of 3-days was enough to give me plenty of time to rest from busy working brain. But after that, until today..still no rest yet.

I actually broke my record of staring into the computer screen for more than 5 hours a day. This time round was..12 hours max. I worked from 730am to 730pm on last Friday just to get things done and organized. Mum was rather supportive to stay in the office with me for 10 hours. She went off somewhere in between. I suppose heavy rain does bring blessings in disguise. For me, yes. For her no since there were many things to do at home. But yea, when I got home that evening, the last thing I wanted to do was answer any phone calls, but I had to eventually.. So much for rest.

This hectic weekend taught me to rely on God to give me strength and energy to so my work. So many problems! Firstly, the assistant computer broke down. Then the technician came and fixed it. The next thing, scanner can't scan anything..even until today. Caused me so much inconvenience delay in work. Not enough, the main working computer shuts down by itself! And the program I used, could not be accessed! Man, that was really a tough frustrating day in the office. I wanted to hit the computer to obey me or scold it or do anything to make it work..so much frustrations inside of me. I had to work with deadlines which was in 2 days, and the thing didn't treat me well. I almost cried when the computer shut down all my work (which I did the whole morning and forgot to save...) and the recovery process took ages and failed in the end! I was ..really down in the lowest pit. I didn't know who to turn to, my bosses didn't know how to work that well with computers and Vic should not be disturbed.. Mum was just..there. She didn't know what to do or what to say to me.. She pitied me, as far as she told me the work was tough cos she won't know how to do it.

During lunch break, I took my eyes off the pc. Went off with parents for some rice..at BDC which tasted really nice and took me away from those frustrating thoughts. On the way back to the office, I just pleaded God to recover the files lost.. I just told him I didn't want to do everything all over again. I was so tired already, shoulders aching madly and eyes strained. I wanted to just lie down and sleep.

And the next thing that happened when I opened that program, it WORKED! PRAISE THE LORD! I was so happy, rejoicing, thankful..everything that I IMMEDIATELY saved everything in another file. And that saved me from redoing it! Prayers really work. In those times of need, God will just jump in and say "hey, need help? here, let me do it.." Isn't that wonderful? The one thing is only that we should put God first and play our part. I just didn;t know what else to say to God except thank you Lord. This was on Friday.

Saturday was the ASC meeting and PRESS DAY. Clash. I did all I could to list down things to present during meeting, and trusted everything to my assistants. No comments on that. But that day I worked till 230 without taking lunch, and got home with a terrible headache. Things weren't doing that well for me. I slept at 9.

Then that night, I had a dream the papers won't be published and there was some trouble in the office that I had to work at night and things started to happen..a guy came and chased after me and almost raped..and I woke up with goosebumps and fear. It was only 12 midnight. I couldn't sleep until 2 something then woke up at 530 for Mass. ...

Monday..worked from 730am til..230pm. I was late for class for 1 hour. Class started at 2 and I arrived at 3. Thank God the lecturer was understanding. But I was so drowsy in class + philosophy teaching, I yawned non-stop. I even dozed off during 'break time' for 5 minutes. but that's the last of my work. Things are QUITE done..as of today, TUE, things are done.=)

PTL!

1 comment:

Adel said...

Amen to Him!!! He will never fail us =D

Glad things out fine in the end. Hehe. Huggies for you.

Rest A LOT LOT OKAY? Don't wanna see you peng like... i don't know what to descibe.. >.<.. just don't peng at all will do! =P