Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New year..No more New?

Yesterday was Chap Goh Mei. (15th 'night' of the Lunar New Year). It wasn't a very nice day considering I had to be on the road for 2 hours sending papers for air and land deliveries.. Back at the office, some neigbouring shops let off bombs to 'chase away the evil ones' on the final day of the Chinese New Year and shocked some of those coming to pray.

And I, was answering nature's call in the small little room when a loud bomb exploded from the next door shop, just right next to the room where I was in..and the noise shook the whole room I was in. I was shocked of all that's inside of me. And my left ear hurt.

Until now, it's still slightly ringing inside, goodness knows what happened. Grew to be tired easily when work pile up to be done.. Even trips back home seemed to be short (usually very long and draggy with traffic jams) as short naps were taken in the car.

Mum said her friend became deaf after one bomb exploded right next to her ear. And I was in a room with echo hitting back at me.. I shiver as I thought of the worst.

But .. is the worst yet to come?

No comments: