Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stop to Look

As I drove this afternoon and there was this mini roundabout I passed. I saw two cars eventually coming and yet I didn't brake. My right leg was on the brake pedal but I just didn't step on it. Instead I made the car slow down and the guy behind got really angry that you-know-what-drivers-do-when-they're-angry. Would just consider myself blessed so as not to be crashed and not to get the car crashed with my mum and cousins crashed too.

After that I drove rather quietly, hearing the words of advice from mum of which she panicked etc.. I thought to myself, I questioned myself in fact; why didn't I stop??

I suppose it was a tiring day, or perhaps the moody weather and the cooling air-con in the car, or maybe the smooth flow of the drive preventing me from breaking the motion.. I don't know. I was confused myself.

Now come to think of it. I should have stopped. The consequences were far more worse than I thought, but I overlooked them.

Lately I have been so caught up with things; involvements, priorities, passion, dedication.. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm busy with. And with all these things crowding around me, confusing me, I tend to overlook a lot of things. Seemed to have failed in everything.

But today's experience was one to remind to stop for a moment and do a check on myself. What IS my priority? What IS the thing I should be busy-ing with?

Perhaps getting things organised would do me good, to keep me on the go again. Or perhaps a cup of tea just to sit and list them all down would grant me freedom from confusion. And the commitment to do that - that's the first step to take. Never easy.

No comments: