Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Work

The weekend was spent with an inter-campus camp. The camp was actually running well on Sat until I got phone calls from the office and under unavoidable circumstances, I had to rush down from camp site to do the work. Skipped lunch, worked full hours straight and rushed. Pressured, watched, supervised; rushed back to camp site after the 5 hour strain. Had taize prayers that night and went straight to bed after that. Never in my life had I been so tired. Even ASC was not that bad. This time it felt like I ran the whole ASC for 1 whole month.

Sunday. Finished camp. Came down rushed to office. It was 3pm and I stayed there till 1130pm. You may ask "Is that necessary?" I can't seem to find the right explanation for that. To say it is, I'm half-hearted. To say it's not, then what's with all the rush?

This morning, Monday - got it all done. But there was a story behind. I was at the tip of finishing everything, when the computer jammed. It just lagged and stopped responding. I thought perhaps I worked a bit too fast so waited for the lag to stop. But it didn't, instead it remained frozen. Switched it off, and it restarted. But it stopped at the loading page. And never moved for the next half an hour. It was 1030am and I had to get things done by 11am.

I was losing myself then. Didn't know what to do, was so worried about the work which I saved inside the computer only, not externally. And I went to dad and he came over and saw to things. Switched it off. Waited. He prayed over the computer, and it restarted. And all went well after that. No documents missing. The power of prayer.

Perhaps you reading this might not feel the real stress in handling such situations at the very last minute. Perhaps this does not apply to you. Perhaps this might even be a funny joke to you.

But all I can say is; despite the hecticness, the pressure, everything, God makes sure you are fit for it. He won't give you something you can't handle; he just wants you to take the extra step to do it for him. In my case, sacrifice. At the very last minute, this morning say - I was so tired from lacking of sleep after camp and burning midnight oil in the office, yet he kept me fit enough to just finish everything, and this afternoon I rested since all's done. He plans your path, and as long as you are willing to submit to him and face the waves that come alongside it, all plans will unfold nicely.

That's my weekend story. For camp story, perhaps another day. A busy week ahead, but I'll make time, hopefully. :)

No comments: